[mythtv-users] Lite-On SK7551 keyboard problems

FieryRed fieryred at s2z.com
Thu Sep 30 02:01:52 EDT 2004

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 11:47:49 -0400
Micah Wedemeyer <fanmail at micah-wedemeyer.net> wrote:

> 1. During boot, when grub comes up, I cannot select a different kernel using
> the up and down keys.  They just don't work.  However, once my kernel auto-
> loads, everything is fine.

This is probably a bios thing... I had a board that claimed bios support for USB keyboards but for some reason it didn't work on the bios either. I don't know what you can do to help... unless check your bios for an option that mentions handling of USB keyboards either via OS or via BIOS and try changing it to BIOS.

> 2. The mouse does not work in X windows.  I'm using KDE and X.Org (I think).

I've not had much problem with USB mice, but I know that the first place I'd check is your kernel config... make sure that you have all the correct usb drivers compiled... next might be your xorg.conf file... I believe most USB mice are considered ps/2 mice as far as configuring X11 is concerned. Or it might be that you're trying to use the wrong protocol... which might be a tad confusing too. Which linux flavor you have running?