[mythtv-users] Can't Change Channel

BP lists at qucae.com
Thu Sep 30 01:54:48 EDT 2004

TongKe Xue wrote:
> Hi all,
>   Here's my problem: I can't change channels when I go to
> "mythfrontend -> WatchTV".

>   The only abnormal thing about my setup is that since the machine is
> offline, "mythfilldatabase" always fails; but I don't know if this is
> related to it or not.

Being offline might be your problem.  For me (using .15 still), whenever
I have no program data for the current day (happens frequently when
Mythfilldatabase first deletes the days data then the download fails), I
can't change channels.  Appears if there is no program data, it can't
change.  I fix the issue by running mythfilldatabase and repopulating
the program data.  Sometimes I have to restart mythbackend before it
works again.  If you're offline, you might want to try manually
inserting data if you're comfortable with sql or else finding an
internet connection for that machine.