[mythtv-users] ivtv installation on Redhat 9 wintv-250

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Thu Sep 30 00:03:18 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 29 September 2004 18:57, wlody_randall at cox.net wrote:
> Jarod,
>
> I am attempting to follow the install the "install and using mythtv"
> document section 22.1 Hauppauge PVR-250/350 hardware MPEG-2 encoder.
>

> There appear to be no new video devices in /dev/video.

Please read the print at the top of that section. In particular, this part:

NOTE: THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION IS PROVIDED AS-IS AND IS NOT GUARANTEED TO
WORK WITH YOUR DISTRIBUTION. FOR IVTV DRIVER ASSISTANCE, SEE THE IVTV MAILING
LIST. https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/ivtv-devel SEE THE IVTV
FAQ IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR ISSUES. http://ivtv.sourceforge.net/ These
instructions work for Mandrake 9.1 on a backend machine which is hosting a
single PVR-250 capture card.

You're not running Mandrake 9.1, you're running Red Hat 9. If you're
attempting to follow those instructions, then you should be reading the ivtv
faq and asking questions of the ivtv mailing list right now.

And again, you might want to look at the second link in my sig. Most notably
for your setup, this page:

http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fc1myth.php

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE