[mythtv-users] ivtv installation on Redhat 9 wintv-250

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Wed Sep 29 20:53:49 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 29 September 2004 17:21, wlody_randall at cox.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to configure the ivtv driver on my Hauppauge Wintv-250 card.
> When I run modprobe it appears that the ivtv driver loads, however there is
> no new video (ivtv) device in /dev.  Suggestions?

I'd highly suggest you visit the ivtv wiki and mailing list. And since you're
using a Red Hat Linux variant, you might want to check out the second link in
my signature.

> No new video device has been created:
>
> # ls -l /dev/v4l*
> ls: /dev/v4l*: No such file or directory

What made you believe a /dev/v4l* device should have been created? You
typically access the card via /dev/video0, if it is the only v4l device in
your system.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com