[mythtv-users] Frontend Dies under 0.16

Mythtv mythtv at mattsshack.com
Wed Sep 29 18:00:41 EDT 2004

Bruce Markey wrote:

> mythtv at mattsshack.com wrote:
>
>> Couldn't read file:
>> /video/tv/recordings/1041_20040928202400_20040928210000.nuv
>

> Does the directory exist, does the file exist, are the backend
> and frontend run as the same user, does the backend have write
> permission, does the frontend have read permission, etc.
>
> --  bjm

No this file does not exist.
Yes the backend has no trouble at all recording if I schedule it, but it
I push the record while watching a program it freezes the frontend.
Yes, both run as mythtv.

Things I have tried so far:
I have reinstall the IVTV drivers, changed to native ALSA support, and
run the backend as SUID root.
I still have the same trouble... Anyone know what "PlayFromRecorder (1)
: recorder already exists!" is referring to?

-Matt
www.mattsshack.com