[mythtv-users] Question About Cases/Expansion Slots

Chris LaForce laforcec at centurytel.net
Wed Sep 29 00:34:38 EDT 2004

Hello,
  I currently have MythTV setup on my Fedora Core 2 box which is a full
tower.  I have been going through the mailing list and researching some
other case in hopes to find one looking similar in size and
characteristics to a dvd player/VCR. The ones I think that have caught
my eye the most so far are the smaller ones from
http://www.silverstonetek.com.  With these you either have the choice of
2 pci expansion slots or 1 agp and 1 pci slot.  I would need 1 pci for
my capture card so the leaves either 1 pci or 1 agp slot. This would
force me to use on board audio or video instead of my Nvidia GEForce
5200 video card or SB Audigy sound card. I guess my question is wouldn't
having to use either on board video or audio lower the quality of my
graphical or audio playback?
Thanks for any help,

Chris.