[mythtv-users] Recording Profiles

Cody Peterson codyman at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 20:10:14 EDT 2004

Hi.  I've been able to successfully get mythtv working!  Everything is
working fine (watch tv, media guide, sound, etc.) except for one error
message.  Like the documentation told me to, I setup the four
"recording profiles" for mythtv.  However, every time I go to record I
get the following message:

Unknown video codec
Please go into the TV Settings, Recording Profiles and
setup the four 'Software Encoders' profiles.
Assuming RTjpeg for now.
Unknown audio codec

When I go back to the profiles, all of them are still setup like I
made them (MPEG4, not RTJPEG).  One person on the mythtv-users irc
room suggested that this might be a mysql "tables" issue, but did not
know anything more.  Any ideas on how to fix this?  Thank You!