[mythtv-users] LeadTek WinFast TV2000 Remote Control & Sound Problems

Nate nate_lists at dslextreme.com
Tue Sep 28 14:01:59 EDT 2004

Phillip Gersekowski wrote:

>I recently got MythTV Setup on a new box with 2 x LeadTek WinFast TV2000
>Deluxe TV Tuner Cards.
>
>Evenything is working well except for two small issues.
>
>The Specs of the installation are
>
>SuSE 9.1 Professional
>Linux Kernel 2.6.4-52 (Default SuSE-9.1 installed)
>AMD Sempron 2400
>nVidia FX 5500 with TV Out connected to Television
>512 Mb Ram
>2 x LeadTeck Winfast TV2000 Cards
>On Board Sound (VT8233/A/8235 AC97)
>PCI Sound Card  (CMI8738/C3DX)
>MythTV 0.16 - sourec compile
>1 x 200Gb EIDE HD (Video Storage)
>2 x 18 Gb LVD SCSI Drives (OS)
>
>The problems that I am haing are:
>
>1. The remote is basically working. The problem is that some of the
>buttons are duplicated and are not unique. Information I have found on
>the web that the probles are related to the detection of the Remote by
>the newer version of Lirc (I am running lirc-0.7.0cvs20040308-30) and/or
>possibly a newer (or more appropriate) /etc/lircd.conf is required.
>
>Can anyone shed any light on the best solution to this problems ? Does
>anyone have a working lirc installation or config file that works.
>
>2. The appears to be a problem with the sound from the second sound card
>(PCI based card) that is connected to the Second TV Tuner Card. The
>Sound quality and volume are good from the Primary card, but of the
>second card there is a noticable background hiss and some other
>electronic pops and whistles. These are really only noticable when the
>audio in either the TV Show or recordnig is quite low. The problem
>appears both in Live TV Viewing and Watching Recordings and also occurs
>on remote frontends.
>
>The problem seems to be reduced by reducing the PCM volume on the master
>sound channel, but this seems to reduced the volume level of the
>recording so much so that when playing back a recording you have to turn
>the TV Volume right up.
>
>Has anyone else experience this or could shed any light of the potentail
>resolutions.
>
>Thanks.

Hi

This is my first post to this list, so here goes:

I have a winfast tv 200 delux card that I have working.  I just used the
lircd.conf here:
http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/leadtek/lircd.conf.RM-0010

Note that one of the other ones in that directory, lircd.conf.leadtek,
appears to be for a different version of the same remote, as it is
almost identical up to a point, and then the remote codes get different,
so if it works for you only partially, try the other one.

I'm still in the process of writing a lircrc.conf for it.

Also, I haven't been able to get it to work with any of the other
remotes I have lying around, so I'm guessing that the reciever only
supports a specific protocol.  Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, and
if anyone knows another remote that will work with this card, let me
know, as the bundled one is not my first choice.

Good luck,

-Nate