[mythtv-users] Problems filling database

KvB altijdweerdieautodrop at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 27 14:06:45 EDT 2004

I had the exact same problem but I just found a workaround! Here's what I
did... (btw I live in The Netherlands so I had a

started out with fresh/new install of MythTV 0.16. Before I did mythtvsetup
I replaced tv_grab_nl with this one:
http://www.addictivesoftware.net/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=3&Itemid=28
(DUTCH grabber only) I'm not even sure if this changed anything, but the
grabber is really good (includes extra info and logos amongst others). I
replaced the old one like this:

cd /usr/bin
cp tv_grab_nl tv_grab_nl_old
mv tv_grab_nl_gert tv_grab_nl

Ok, not sure if that did anything but after this I ran mythtvsetup like one
normally should do. After this I ran "mythfilldatabase --manual" and
inserted the channels into the db. This didn't exactly solve the problem as
the guide in mythfrontend stayed empty. BUT browsing to your mythweb, and
looking through the channels (click on "settings" and "channels" in your
browser) I noticed that they indeed were in the database but were missing
the channel ID's (channum column). After this I filled out a unique integer
in mythweb for every channel (like there should be) and saved it. After this
everything worked out fine!

Hope this helps.

Kees.