[mythtv-users] best setup in my case

Albert Ulmer jayaeu at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 12:57:51 EDT 2004

OK, so I gather that MythTV is fully network aware and it doesn't
matter, which box has the TV capture card. I've experimented with an
old Hauppauge WinTV from 1997, but the quality leaves much to be
desired by today's standards, so I'm bidding for both a WinTV Nexus
DVB-s (got a satellite dish as well) and a Hauppauge DVB-c card.

The other question that came up in my mind just now is what foundation
MythTV runs best on. Normally, I use Gentoo for everything, but the
packages it offers at the moment won't properly compile due to some
dependency problems with some XML parsing stuff.

So I searched around and came across KnoppMyth, which apparently lets
me set up a box dedicated to MythTV. Is this a good way to go for all
my boxes or should I look at something else? I'm interested to know
what you guys are using and what works best in the distributed setup
I'm trying to build.

Best regards,
Albert.