[mythtv-users] Re: anyone attempt mythfrontend on Cygwin?

Joel Anderson bitjunkie at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 10:00:55 EDT 2004

> Out of curiosity, why do you want to run the frontend on Windows anyway?

So that I can use the full mythfrontend and all it's great features
without being limited in choice of OS.  And let's not get into any
linux vs windows garbage here, I use both and probably always will.
;)

> Do you plan to work on the backend as well? I would expect that to be a
> lot of work as well eg lack of a standard video capture API on Windows
> (especially for DVB etc; might be standardised enough for analog).

I personally have no interest in porting the backend, although I'm
sure there are lots of people who would like to see it done.  For me
the backend will likely always be on a dedicated box as central
server, so any limit on choice of OS is not as much of a concern.
This is all MHO of course.  :)

--
Joel