[mythtv-users] Qt MySQL

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Mon Sep 27 09:30:32 EDT 2004

On Saturday 25 September 2004 21:00, TongKe Xue wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>   I have QT > 3.0 installed; I also have MySQL installed. However, I
> don't have this "QT MySQL" library installed -- where can I get it?
>
> >From the Trolltech website, it sounds like it's a module for the
>
> Enterprise/Professional Edition -- is it avaliable for the free
> edition?
>
>   I note that there are also "sql" configure options in the
> qt-x11-free edition, can I use that to configure in qt-sql?

What distro are you running?  Did you install Qt from packages or did
you compile the source?  Please provide complete information to make it
easier for anyone who wants to help you.

If you're installing from RPM packages, you probably just need the
qt-MySQL rpm.

If you're compiling Qt from source, you need the MySQL headers & libs,
and you need to configure Qt with the --plugin-sql-mysql option.
Depending on your setup, you may also need to tell the Qt compile-time
configuration where your MySQL headers & libs are, with
"-I<path-to-mysql-headers>" and "-L<path-to-mysql-libs>".

HTH,

JAC