[mythtv-users] Re: nuvexport beta available

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Sep 27 06:22:11 EDT 2004

On Sun, Sep 26, 2004 at 11:48:10PM -0700, Chris Petersen wrote:
> >[root at sigmachi nuvexport]# nuvexport
> >Can't locate Time/HiRes.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/bin
>
> For the unitiated to perl, this is a fairly standard error meaning that
> the Time::HiRes module is missing.  There is an rpm available at most
> apt repositories called perl-Time-HiRes, and I'm sure that non-apt
> distros have something similar.

For Red Hat/Fedora this has been part of the base system (e.g. not
external repos, but shipped with the distribution) since at least
RH7.3, so just use apt/yum/up2date to get that package installed.

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/2/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/perl-Time-HiRes-1.55-2.i386.rpm

> If you can't find it, there are a lot of tutorials out there (and #perl)
> to tell you how to use perl's built-in module installer called cpan --
> it works like a charm.
>
> I had to add this nonstandard module to do some of the inter-thread
> communication that the new version, and haven't had time to update the
> documentation to reflect this.

I think it can be considered quite standard, I doubt other distos are
missing it.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net