[mythtv-users] Hauppauge WinTV PVR usb2

Helge Jensen helge.jensen at slog.dk
Mon Sep 27 02:06:57 EDT 2004

David George wrote:
> Helge Jensen wrote:

> I don't think anyone is currently working on it.  I have also been
> looking at it, but don't have the time right now.
> Yep, this has been reported on the list.  Someone just needs to add
> support to Myth for it.

OK, I may give it a try if I feel adventurous one day. For now, I'll
just let it slip. I need to finish my thesis, so I don't want to spend
time coding on tv-card support at this point :)

It just sounds like support is sooooooo.... close, [censored] :(

>> I tried searching the mailing-list archives at
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/, linked to by

> Strange, it works for me.

Works for me too now.

 > Besides the PVR-250
> can be purchased for about $90 and the cheapest I have seen the PVR-USB2
> is about $120, but most places have them at $150.

The prices here in .dk
(http://edbpriser.dk/Listproducts.asp?ID=45&Parent=&Producent=243&Rating=0&Max=&Soegeord=&Equal42=&Equal103=&Direction109=2&Sorted109=&Equal203=&Submit.x=27&Submit.y=6)

   Hauppauge WinTV PVR-usb2: kr.  979 ~= EUR 130.-
   Hauppauge WinTV PVR-250 : kr. 1099 ~= EUR 147.-

I like the prospect of taking the tuner-card with me and hook it to my
laptop, but maybe I should just bite the bullet, it's not like I am
going to use that feature more than a few times a year anyway.

--
Helge