[mythtv-users] AMD64 and FC2 installation problems

Brad Fuller brad at sonaural.com
Sun Sep 26 21:46:10 EDT 2004

Hi,

newbie to mythtv. Trying to follow jarod's webpage and the help here and I'm
now stuck. Actually, I've been limping along the way --- primarily, I
believe, because I'm using Athalon and FC2.

Anyway, I'm trying to install mythtv-suite at the moment. There are several
dependencies not satisfied along the way, and I'm sure there are more to
come. I'm also using yum (since I could NOT get ATrpms kickstart to work on
my system. but, yum seems to do ok.)  Here's where I'm at:

======
[root at killtivo mythtv]# yum install mythtv-suite
Server: ATrpms for Fedora Core 2 good
Server: ATrpms for Fedora Core 2 stable
Server: Fedora Core 2 - x86_64 - Base
Server: FreshRPMs for Fedora Core 2
Server: Fedora Core 2 - x86_64 - Released Updates
Server: Fedora Core 2 - x86_64 - Unreleased Updates
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
Resolving dependencies
........Unable to satisfy dependencies
Package aalib needs libgpm.so.1, this is not available.
Package mythmusic needs libSDL-1.2.so.0, this is not available.
Package mythmusic needs libcdda_interface.so.0, this is not available.
Package mythmusic needs libcdda_paranoia.so.0, this is not available.
Package mythmusic needs libogg.so.0, this is not available.
Package mythmusic needs libqt-mt.so.3, this is not available.
Package mythmusic needs libvorbis.so.0, this is not available.
Package mythmusic needs libvorbisenc.so.2, this is not available.
Package mythmusic needs libvorbisfile.so.3, this is not available.
Package mythphone needs libqt-mt.so.3, this is not available.
Package mythphone needs libtermcap.so.2, this is not available.
Package directfb needs libSDL-1.2.so.0, this is not available.
Package mplayer needs libSDL-1.2.so.0, this is not available.
Package mplayer needs libartsc.so.0, this is not available.
Package mplayer needs libaudiofile.so.0, this is not available.
Package mplayer needs libcdda_interface.so.0, this is not available.
Package mplayer needs libcdda_paranoia.so.0, this is not available.
Package mplayer needs libesd.so.0, this is not available.
Package mplayer needs libgdk-1.2.so.0, this is not available.
Package mplayer needs libglib-1.2.so.0, this is not available.
Package mplayer needs libgmodule-1.2.so.0, this is not available.
Package mplayer needs libgtk-1.2.so.0, this is not available.
Package mplayer needs libogg.so.0, this is not available.
Package mplayer needs libsmbclient.so.0, this is not available.
Package mplayer needs libvorbis.so.0, this is not available.
Package flac needs libogg.so.0, this is not available.

As you can see, mplayer, mythphone and a few others need some libs. I could
install these by hand (which I've been doing on a few occasions with this
installation), but I would like not to do that. I'm I missing an entry in my
yum.conf to find the right files?

Any help would be much appreciated --- I'm getting pretty frustrated now
working on this for 2 weekends!

thanks much!

brad