[mythtv-users] HDTV strobing effect?

Kyle Rose krose+mythtv at krose.org
Sun Sep 26 19:28:59 EDT 2004

I'm seeing this strange kind of intermittent strobing effect when
watching high-def TV or a high-def recording: the video appears to get
visibly slower every 10-15 seconds for a duration of about 3 seconds.
It isn't in the recording itself because if I rewind to the same spot,
everything flows smoothly.

Has anyone seen this?  If so, are you still experiencing it, or how
did you fix it?  It's really noticeable watching football because the
video has lots of smooth motion (camera pans, etc.).  I am using a
HT-enabled P4 3.2 (CPU usage hardly ever exceeds 50%) and an nvidia
FX5200 AGP with kernel 2.6.7(-bluetooth-lirc-pchdtv-ck6) and the 6111
proprietary drivers.

Cheers,
Kyle