[mythtv-users] Enabling experimental ATRPMS

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Sun Sep 26 15:58:05 EDT 2004

On Sunday 26 September 2004 11:51, Cory Papenfuss wrote:
>  	Question for those in the know.  I'm trying to reduce my workload in
> building my new mythbox by using ATRPMS, but seems like things are harder
> than they should.  My box is a bit weird (dual P3, TCL2002N tuner PVR-250),
> so I need a hacked kernel for the new tuner.  I've compiled it sucessfully
> myself, but for simplicity on nvidia, lirc, and ivtv modules, I'm trying to
> run RPMS.
>
>  	Any information on which kernel to use for this combination?  Also, are
> the kernel-experimental "gettable" via the automated mechanism, or must be
> hand RPM -i'd?

Axel now has video4linux snapshot kernel modules with the updated tuners
included, which you can find for a few different kernels here:

http://atrpms.net/dist/fc2/video4linux-experimental/

That should provide you with the needed tuner, compile a patched ck100z ivtv
driver, and still use rpms for everything else.

> -Cory, "getting close to compiling everything from scratch again",
> Papenfuss.... :)

:-p

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE