[mythtv-users] BUG: Live TV/PVR250, playback issue on apparent buffer fill

Brad mythtv at braddolman.com
Sun Sep 26 04:40:18 EDT 2004

For whomever this may be helpful too.

I was watching a long movie on LiveTV and after about 2 1/2 hrs the
video started to break-up for a few seconds and then started playing
previously buffered footage from probably 2 hrs earlier. It did this
for a few seconds (maybe 15 or 20) and then the video started to
break-up again and eventually went back to the live broadcast. Very
odd.

I then rewound the liveTV to just before the first break-up occurred
and let it play again. This time it played back normally. No glitches
and playing back the video that had been skipped from the previous
glitch.

My assumption (which of course may have no basis in reality) is that
my /video volume, where the /buffer directory is located, had filled
to capacity, triggering this sequence of events.

If anyone else has noticed this happening, perhaps they could add
their experiences. It may be good for some others to try to reproduce
this problem on other systems too.

Regards,
Brad