[mythtv-users] Re: 0.15.1 rocked.... 0.16 for me.. no no...

John Andersen jsa at video.homelinux.org
Sun Sep 26 01:17:36 EDT 2004

On Saturday 25 September 2004 20:34, Grant Edwards wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 26, 2004 at 12:04:54AM -0400, Don Cramer wrote:
> > 0.15 ran solid for me for the last several months, hardly any
> > problems..
>
> Same here.

> Should be OK.  I ran 0.16 for about a week before giving up and
> switching back to 0.15.1 because mythbackend 0.16 keeps
> segfaulting when loading filters.  I've got both 0.15.1 and
> 0.16 installed right now, and am trying to track down the
> segfault, but I don' "do" C++, so I doubt I'll get very far.

I wonder if this has to do with an old database or something?

I've just started in mythtv, and I waited til .16 was out. It installed
cleanly and has given me no problems at all from day one.
I've been collecting old SiFi channel episodes to watch, as well as
using mythweb to schedule, mythweather, and mythmusic.  It all
works.  Amazing.!!

no crashes, no oops, no segfaults, been up and running since the
day after .16 was released.

MythDVD is giving me fits for anything other than viewing...
--