[mythtv-users] KnoppMyth on laptop: 4fps?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Sun Sep 26 00:41:02 EDT 2004

Just for fun, I fired up the KnoppMyth live-CD fronted on my
laptop (Dell Inspiron 5000: PIII 600MHz, ATI Rage128).  Viewing
recordings results in smooth audio, but video is running at
about 3-4 fps.

If I mount the backend data directory via NFS (over 10BaseT),
mplayer and xine both play the PVR-350 produced ".nuv" files
fine. I can also play DVDs and other MPEG2 streams fine using
mplayer or xine.

Any idea why the Myth frontend so much slower than other
players?

--
Grant