[mythtv-users] Re: pvr-250MCE, debian and kernel 2.6 woes...

Christopher Flynn flynnguy at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 15:40:36 EDT 2004

Hmm.... still jerky, however I think it may be my video card. I have a
nvidia GeForce2 MX card and I am using the component out. Now I
compiled the nvidia drivers and I am using those drivers but I am
wondering if that may be the culprit?

The other thing I tried was mplayer /dev/video0 and it gave me a
warning that my computer was too slow. It's a 1.2Ghz Athlon which
should be ok... maybe I need more memory? I have 256Megs.

My /etc/modutils/ivtv file looks like this:
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv

update-modules puts those lines in /etc/modules.conf Any other ideas?
The video and sound are both jerky almost like it is dropping frames.
-Chris