[mythtv-users] pvr-250MCE, debian and kernel 2.6 woes...

Christopher Flynn flynnguy at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 22:10:53 EDT 2004

Ok I was having some issues getting the ivtv driver to compile but I
eventually got a new version copied the Makefile2.6 to Makefile and
got the thing to compile and install. I can now record static! (via
cat /dev/video0 > output.mpg).

I installed mythtv from the debian packages using the packages available here:
deb http://dijkstra.csh.rit.edu/~mdz/debian unstable mythtv

Now it installed and seemed to set everything up but when I try to
watch live tv I get nothing and I'm sure I don't have it set up right.
Right now I am trying to get sound working but I was hoping someone
could tell me a way I could make sure that my PVR-250 does in fact
work other than the static test. I tried tvtime but that does not
work. (Not sure if it's my card, a configuration issue or what)

Also would it be better to build from sources or install via the
debian packages?