[mythtv-users] 1 step forward, 2 steps back

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Sep 24 12:34:27 EDT 2004

http://www.poptix.net/ivtv/Sep-2004/msg00299.html

>>BTW, I saw your other post (using tuner 9), but you'll still want to
>>update so you can use type 50.  With tuner 9, you'll have problems with
>>some channels (mainly in the mid-range--those between 137.25MHz and
>>172MHz (17-21) and those between 385.25MHz and 448MHz (50-63)) if using
>>cable TV; for OTA, you won't notice a difference, but you might as well
>>use the correct definition).
>>

>I'm stuck on channel 3 at the moment (just pulling the feed from the
>individual Sat. boxes), so that doesn't matter. However, the remote
>doesn't work with Myth, but does work at the OS level. Would the tuner
>type be the cause of this?

No.  The tuner will not affect the operation of the remote.  Do you have
a valid ~/.mythtv/lircrc file (i.e. if it works at the OS, you have
~/.lircrc, but myth uses a different configuration file--generally just
creating a soft link to the file at the opposite location is the easiest
approach).

Mike