[mythtv-users] Re: pvr-350 ivtv test_capture.mpg

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Sep 23 20:36:46 EDT 2004

On 09/23/2004 07:32 PM, Axel Thimm wrote:

>On Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 06:56:51PM -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>

>>Unfortunately, there's a possibility that the video4linux snapshots Axel
>>built are using an incorrect tuner definition (the video4linux snapshot
>>hasn't been updated).  I sent a couple of e-mails to Axel to try to find
>>out, but he hasn't seen them (or they got filtered out as spam :).
>>

>You mean the mail to Gerd and me on the 8e config part (if there are
>more than that email, please resend!)? I have patched the snapshots and
>already built rpms for FC1 and FC2, but they have not yet been
>uploaded. So the currently published video4linux snapshot rpms will
>have the wrong tuner definition.

Yeah.  That's it.  I also sent one directly to you with more
information, but it seems you don't need it.  :)  The other message was
a reply to your IvyTV post (New video4linux snapshot rpms with extended
tuner support), but sent only to you--so you may have gotten it but
thought it was from the list.

Glad you've got the corrected version ready to go.  You're just way too
efficient with your package building...

>>So, I recommend installing the video4linux snapshot as described in
>>Axel's message above.  If you still get snow, it's got the wrong
>>definition, and between this message the message you post after
>>trying with your results ;), Axel and I will both know.
>>

>Sounds to me like it will snow ... :(

Yeah.  It will.

>Mike, I'll reply to the mail to Gerd and me as soon as the rpms have
>been uploaded,

Thanks.  I figured the best way to make sure you knew was to put a
message on the Myth ML since you're always on top of things there.

And, for those reading the thread, *I* caused the problem by posting a
bad patch after an all-nighter.  Axel's an innocent bystander caught in
the mess I made.

>but beforehand, thanks for the fix (and thanks again
>for the patches :)

Actually, I should be thanking you--for not hunting me down after my
sending out a bad patch and confusing everyone from Gerd (main
developer) to you (packager) to the end users, not to mention for your
going to the extra effort to help correct my mistake.  But, with all the
trouble I've caused for so many people and all the time I've spent
trying to make sure people find the right patches, I've learned my
lesson and will be much more careful with patches I send out.  To quote
Joe Garelli from NewsRadio, "You can't take something off the Internet!
It's like taking pee out of a swimming pool."

Mike