[mythtv-users] Re: pvr-350 ivtv test_capture.mpg

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Thu Sep 23 19:32:23 EDT 2004

On Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 06:56:51PM -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> So, why doesn't it work if it's being autodetected?  Well, Mike, you're
> the proud owner of a PVR-350 with a tuner type that Hauppauge just
> started using (the LG NTSC (TAPE series) tuner).  Before Hauppauge began
> using them, there was no support for the tuner in Linux.  Therefore,
> you'll have to ensure you're using a patched version of the kernel's
> tuner module.  Today, Axel released an RPM of the latest video4linux
> snapshot that has support for the tuner (see
> http://www.poptix.net/ivtv/Sep-2004/msg00737.html ).
>
> Unfortunately, there's a possibility that the video4linux snapshots Axel
> built are using an incorrect tuner definition (the video4linux snapshot
> hasn't been updated).  I sent a couple of e-mails to Axel to try to find
> out, but he hasn't seen them (or they got filtered out as spam :).

You mean the mail to Gerd and me on the 8e config part (if there are
more than that email, please resend!)? I have patched the snapshots and
already built rpms for FC1 and FC2, but they have not yet been
uploaded. So the currently published video4linux snapshot rpms will
have the wrong tuner definition.

> So, I recommend installing the video4linux snapshot as described in
> Axel's message above.  If you still get snow, it's got the wrong
> definition, and between this message the message you post after
> trying with your results ;), Axel and I will both know.

Sounds to me like it will snow ... :(

Mike, I'll reply to the mail to Gerd and me as soon as the rpms have
been uploaded, but beforehand, thanks for the fix (and thanks again
for the patches :)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net