[mythtv-users] Best approach for TV output (composite/s-video)?

Ryan A. Carris racarris at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 10:11:39 EDT 2004

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 09:04:44 -0400,
<jeff_mitchell at accessbusinessgroup.com> wrote:
> If I go the route of a scanline converter, what would the list suggest?
(snip)
> What this boils down to is that given a high-quality file to play back, I
> would like the output from my Myth box to appear to be the same quality as
> watching cable on my TV (a 7-year-old 32" Sony Trinitron).

I use a AiTech Web Cable Plus.  It is a VGA --> S-video converter.  I
got it for around $70 from www.buy.com a year ago or so.  Just plug it
in and it works. The quality is fine.  It's not perfect; I can tell a
slight differance between it and the TV's native tunner (I have a new
32" Toshiba), but after watching it for a while, you don't notice. I
think some of the jerkyness of the news ticker is due to this thing.
But, I've been using it for over a year now and have never really been
motivated to get the S-video out on my motherboard working (which is
easy).   There were several other people on the list recommending this
one about a year ago.