[mythtv-users] Re: alternatives to dscaler

Erik Hovland erik at hovland.org
Wed Sep 22 18:40:17 EDT 2004

On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 05:47:10PM -0400, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:
> Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 15:17:31 -0400
> From: David <mythtv at dcolon.org>
> Subject: [mythtv-users] alternatives to dscaler
> To: MythTV List <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>
> 	I looked at the features and screenshots of dscaler and I'm
> impressed.  The only downside to it is that it is windows only.  I've
> heard rumors of it being ported to linux but nothing more concrete.  Has
> there been any progress on this front?

I am pretty sure tvtime (tvtime.sf.net) has done all the porting you
need. It takes a dscaler dll from windows and accesses it for all of the
dscaler tricks.

> 	When I finally setup my myth
> system, I'd like to use something like dscaler to upconvert my recordings.
> What do you guys recommend?

It has been proposed that mythtv could use tvtime for playback. But I am
pretty sure that is non-starter at this time. MythTV does include
several playback filters too, bob and kernel deint come to mind. It
largely depends on how picky you are about output.

Erik Hovland
mail: erik AT hovland DOT org
web: http://hovland.org/
PGP/GPG public key available on request