[mythtv-users] LiveTV channel not changing

Todd Tidwell artist at wildstar.net
Wed Sep 22 18:02:41 EDT 2004

A little more on this:

Evidently I was wrong about what order things occurred.  When Tuner 1 began
recording its show, it never changed the channel.

So, what it appears to be, and I have re-created this 3 times now by simply
rebooting my machine.  At that point Tuner 1 seems to have no set channel.
If I restart MythBackend after the machine is booted, things work fine
again.

It sounds like, and this is just a guess, that when mythbackend starts it
probes the tuner card for a current channel but cannot get one because the
IVTV module is initiating. (mythbackend seems to be what causes the module
to load so it stands to reason it might be that its not totally initiated
when mythbackend gets a channel).  Of course, this is all assuming that
mythbackend does a channel probe of some sort.

-Todd