[mythtv-users] Pundit Setup

Ashley Bostock abostock at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 17:06:42 EDT 2004

If its just to be used as a dedicated myth box then yes 2ghz is fine,
the celeron runs nice and cool keeping the fan speed down and
therefore the noise level.  the nova-t cards use hardly any cpu when
recording shows as the dvb stream is already recieved as mpg and is
dealt with the hardware on the card.  cpu is only needed for
reencoding video and/or watching it back, so go for faster if you
want, just dont go too fast, as generally the faster the cpu the
hotter it will get and therefore the faster the fan will spin, meaning
a louder box.