[mythtv-users] Audio from comp to TV

Asciimonster asciimonster at myrealbox.com
Wed Sep 22 15:27:33 EDT 2004

Micah Wedemeyer wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm setting up my Myth box right now, and I was just wondering how to get the
>audio from my Myth box into the TV.  I will be using composite TV-out for
>video, but obviously, there are no RCA audio outs on the motherboard.

There are basically two way this works:
1. You link the soundcard out to the TV as well
2. Some TV Cards (such as the Hauppauge WinPVR 350) have a s-video out,
no need for any more wires. (Reading your post I guess you don't have
one...)

>Will a 3.5mm to RCA converter do the trick?  It seems like that's what it is
>designed for, but I want to be sure before I plop down the $$ to buy one.
>
>Here's a link to what I'm looking at:
>http://www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?cat%5Fid=2009&sku=03178

Hmm, that's the one (if you go for option 1). But are you sure it's the
right length? >>>;-))