[mythtv-users] Pundit Setup

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Wed Sep 22 14:58:11 EDT 2004

At 19:13 22/09/2004, you wrote:
>That helps a lot :) Thanks for your time! I'll go for it then I reckon
>:)  you sure the 2ghz celeron's enough? I might up it just a bit to be
>on the safe side anyway ?
>-ciran

Personally, I'd go for a lower clocked Pentium with a Northwood core if you
can find one. Admittedly, they're like rocking horse poo, but you'll end up
with a cooler chip that'll be equally powerful to a 2GHz celery. According
to newegg, a 2GHz celery'll cost you twice as much as a 2.2GHz P4. Argh!

If money is an object, a celery'll do you fine, but don't expect it to be
any good at media encoding and compiling and other multimedia related
stuff. For TV playback (HDTV excepted) it's more than adequate.