[mythtv-users] Stutter before commercials in livetv

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Wed Sep 22 12:21:40 EDT 2004

huffman at graze.net wrote:

>All,
>
>    I've done some searching and I found a thread that describes my problem:
>http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/42979?search_string=livetv%20pause%20commercial;#42979
>

>I'm using mythtv CVS the day before .16 and a PVR 250 w/ ck108 patches.  However
>I've been having this since I built my myth system.  When livetv goes to
>commercial (or at the end of a movie when the screen fades to black) I always
>get audio (and video, I believe) stutter...after a moment it goes away.  I don't
>see a resolution in this thread.  Does anyonen know what is causing this?  Is
>there a solution?
>
>Thanks,
>Brian

I have been having this problem from day one also. It happens anytime
the screen goes mostly black or white (on the way to a commercial) and
the audio is still playing. The audio stutters for a few seconds or
until the picture comes back. I thought it was related more to the video
decoding than audio because it only happens when the pictures goes black.

- James