[mythtv-users] Mythweb 0.16 - weather in Celcius?

IvanK. chepati at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 21 16:05:51 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 21 September 2004 02:59 pm, Michelle Moss wrote:
> > I have just upgraded to 0.16 and I'm exploring the new features. I
> > noticed that the weather in Mythweb is in Farenheit, although in mythtv
> > it is set to Celcius.
> >
> > Is there a way to get it to display in Celcius in mythweb? I'd love to
> > make use of the weather in mythweb but farenheit is greek to me...
>
> Hi all, I guess that either other people are not having this problem or
> that no one cares enough about it. If there *is* someone using
> mythweather  configured to Celcius _and_ mythweb, it would be great to
> at least know whether this is something specific to my setup or a
> general problem...

Michelle,

you have two options:

1) pull your weather info from a non-US site, and seeing the .au part of your
mail domain, I'd suggest some australian site
or
2) modify weather.php around line 104.  My guess is that you'll need to change
this:
	case "Temp":
                    $this->Temperature = $value;
                    break;

into this:
	case "TempCel":
                    $this->Temperature = $value;
                    break;

but I suspect more changes will be necessary as well.  I was about to test
this when I discovered msnbc.com, from which the script is hardcoded to pull
the data, obviously refuses queries from the same host coming too
fast/frequently.

Anyhow, there should ideally be a mythweather settings page where you can set
such preferences.

Hope this gives you a hint in the right direction, if it doesn't help you
outright.

IvanK.