[mythtv-users] This is odd...

James L. Mayhugh mythtv at gmj.com
Mon Sep 20 13:26:39 EDT 2004

Well, I just did an apt-get upgrade, and it appeared to install a new
version of MythTV, and my stuttering of live video and initial
playback appears to be gone.

I say appears to be since my sound is no longer working (sigh).
Looking through the messages log I see this:

Sep 20 09:57:29 gmj-mythtv kernel: intel8x0_measure_ac97_clock: measured 49242 usecs
Sep 20 09:57:29 gmj-mythtv kernel: intel8x0: clocking to 47430
Sep 20 09:57:29 gmj-mythtv modprobe: FATAL: Error running install command for sound_slot_1
Sep 20 09:57:43 gmj-mythtv modprobe: FATAL: Error running install command for sound_slot_1
Sep 20 09:58:03 gmj-mythtv kernel: application sox uses obsolete OSS audio interface

My modprobe.conf is like so:

alias eth0 forcedeth
alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
install snd-intel8x0 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-intel8x0 && /usr/sbin/alsactl restore >/dev/null 2>
&1 || :
remove snd-intel8x0 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; }; /sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove sn
d-intel8x0
alias usb-controller ehci-hcd
alias usb-controller1 ohci-hcd
alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c
# nvidia kernel module
alias char-major-195 nvidia-1_0-6111
# ivtv modules setup
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
options ivtv ivtv_debug=1 tuner=44 mpg_buffers=90
install lirc_i2c /sbin/modprobe ivtv; /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install lirc_i2c

Any help would be appreciated.
--
Jim Mayhugh