[mythtv-users] DVD eject button

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Mon Sep 20 05:50:07 EDT 2004

At 10:30 20/09/2004, you wrote:

>I think you might be running gnome or some other system which mounts the
>cd when it detects it. Turn off mounting. Instead use automount.
>In "/etc/auto.master" insert the line:
>
>"/misc   /etc/auto.misc --timeout=2"
>
>and in "/etc/auto.misc" add the line:
>
>"cd              -fstype=iso9660,ro,nosuid,nodev :/dev/cdrom"
>
>(assuming /dev/cdrom is linked to your cd drive (ala /dev/cdrom -> /dev/hdb)
>
>Now you can just enter /misc/cd and your cdrom will be automounted and
>after 2 seconds of non usage can be ejected. You will need to blindly walk
>into the directory as it doesn't appear until you have mounted. Also as
>usual it will not unmount unless you have left the cdrom directory. Make
>soft links to it from your videos directory in order to watch stuff from CD's.
>

>--
>         Charlie Brej

Kinda OT, but does automount have any advantages over supermount (other
than not requiring kernel patches, etc)? I've been using supermount for the
past 6 months and it's never given me any problems.

I too experienced the "locked" CD drive under GNOME until I disabled all of
the automatic-mount-on-desktop rubbish and just used supermount instead.