[mythtv-users] current procedure for TV listings in the UK?

Ashley Bostock abostock at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 04:04:09 EDT 2004

How do you get the tv_grab_uk_dvb script to work properly?  If I run
it I can generate an xml file with all the program data but there are
2 problem with it:

1) None of the channel IDs match with the xmltv ones, so instead of
something like "south.bbc1.bbc.co.uk" I get "8139.dvb.guide", It says
in the readme that you need to put a channels.conf file in the current
dir, but how would this map to the correct xmltv names?

- Do I need to alter my database values to use 8139.dvb.guide instead
of the xmltv IDs?

2) The generated xml file seems to contain data for categories but
they dont seem to match the corresponding mythtv names, the only
category that seemed to show up in the epg was sport.

Any ideas?