[mythtv-users] Odd problem - 0.16 exits recorded show before it's done

Nate Carlson natecars at natecarlson.com
Mon Sep 20 00:09:25 EDT 2004

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004, Nate Carlson wrote:
> I have detection enabled, but not automatic skipping.
>
> It also does this on shows that haven't yet been tagged.  :(

The backend that I've noticed the problem the most on happened to have a
weak (madwifi) wireless signal - I rearranged the AP and computer a bit to
get a stronger signal, and it hasn't happened with the 3-4 shows I've
watched since then.

The shows didn't stutter or anything before hanging, so that seems odd to
me - if it was a bandwidth issue, I'd expect stuttering and such.

Will post again if I see this any more after watching a few more shows. I
really need to tear down some drywall and get wires in.. wireless for this
type of thing is irritating!