[mythtv-users] Myth 0.16 Picture

quaff at clippersoft.net quaff at clippersoft.net
Sun Sep 19 16:49:49 EDT 2004

I upgraded to Myth 0.16 from .15.1 on my Gentoo box using the ebuilds as of
09/18/04.  It was the only upgrade I did.  All worked well w/o error. (.15.1
was great and everything worked, I just wanted some of the new
features :-) ) .

There is one major problem though.  When I play back a recording (I haven't
had time to check live tv yet), the picture that used to look smooth and
great on .15.1 now looks like an old VCR tape - very 'chunky-like'.  Even the
OSD looks this way.  The rest of Myth looks fine.

What could be causing this 'ugly look'?  I'm not sure what setting I need to
fiddle with.

System:
AMD 2500
Gentoo 2004.02 - kernel 2.6.8-r3 (gentoo dev)
Xorg 6.7x
IVTV 0.110 (from ChrisK)
Nvidia 5200 Svideo out

Thanks for any help.