[mythtv-users] Timeslot scheduling bug?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Sep 19 18:58:36 EDT 2004

On 09/10/2004 05:53 AM, Cedric Tefft wrote:

> Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> From the 0.16 "What's New" ( http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/WhatsNew ):
>>
>> New Episodes Only Recording
>> Myth .16 will support recording of new episodes only, with a window
>> (default of 14 days) for a show to be reshown (and thus allowing the
>> scheduler to juggle shows around). This is of course highly data
>> source dependant. If your grabber doesn't supply enough info, you
>> can't make use of this.
>
> Great idea.  Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work for me (maybe a
> bug?)  Stargate SG-1, Episode "Sacrifices", MythWeb is showing the
> Original airdate as "2004-09-10" (which I believe shows I'm getting
> the necessary information from the grabber), and the prog. guide shows
> two airtimes tomorrow night (er, well technically later today):
> Friday, September 10, 2004 at 9 PM and 11 PM, however both airtimes
> appear in "Upcoming Recordings" as greyed-out: "Channel Recording -
> Repeat".  Next week's new episode "End Game" is also not scheduled.

If you've been running 0.16 for a while now, you should have noticed
that the new episodes are being scheduled appropriately.  Myth is
regularly picking later showings of episodes that run at the same time
as other shows I have it set to record.  Just a guess, but it seems that
those recordings that were scheduled by 0.15 were not re-scheduled by
0.16, so the conflicts in place from 0.15 were not fixed by an upgrade
to 0.16.  However, 0.16 will fix "future" conflicts--those that occur in
the new days whose schedule is downloaded by 0.16.

Mike