[mythtv-users] What is wrong with my GDB?

/dev/tty dev.tty at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 15:29:22 EDT 2004

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 11:08:42 -0700, Chris Germano <netslayer at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Does this GDB output look normal? I hear I need to recompile gcc and glibc
> with multithread support or something?

> warning: Unable to find dynamic linker breakpoint function.
> GDB will be unable to debug shared library initializers          << ?
> and track explicitly loaded dynamic code.                             << ?

Perhaps the executable was statically compiled?

> Program received signal SIG32, Real-time event 32.                    << ?

I reckon SIG32 is the signal used by the threadslib to jump into the
scheduler every timeslice.
You can try the following in GDB, before starting the program:

  handle SIG32 nostop noprint pass

That will prevent GDB from stopping when it receives the signal, it
won't print any occurrances
either, and the signal will be passed to program which is being debugged.

Robert