[mythtv-users] Remote Control Setup

Chris LaForce laforcec at centurytel.net
Sat Sep 18 23:05:36 EDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-09-18 at 21:05, 1canuck2 wrote:
> Have you configured or downloaded the correct .lircrc and lircd.conf file
> (and put them in the correct location, and restard lircd)?
>
> You can download the ones for the Hauppage remote from Jarod's site. Without
> these, irw will show nothing as it does not know how to interpret the input
> it receives. It took me a little while to grasp lirc, and I am still no
> expert. But basically, as I understand it (in simple terms), one file tells
> lirc which remote commands to expect and one file tells it which mythtv
> command to interpet the input to.
>
> I am sure better experts can explain it more completely, but thats the
> basics...
>
> Robin

Hey,
   I think my capture card/remote(Hauppauge WinTV Theatre) falls under
the second area from Jarod's site labeled "For those with bttv-based
cards:".  In this area he says nothing of an .lircrc file.  Do I need
one? I did follow the instructions for the lircd.conf file.  I chose the
/usr/share/doc/lirc-0.7.0/remotes/hauppauge/lircd.conf.hauppauge file.
Let me know what you think.
Thanks,