[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase time offset wrong?????

David Shay david at shay.net
Sat Sep 18 18:34:10 EDT 2004

mythfilldatabase in the internal datadirect grabber relies on the operating
system's timezone knowledge in order to convert from the datadirect times
(which are always in UTC) and your local timezone, which is what mythtv uses
in it's tables.  In order for this to work, you must be dealing with
timezones appropriately in your version of linux.  This varies from version
to version, sometimes using /etc/localtime as a link to a specific timezone
(in gentoo, for example).  You probably just don't have your local timezone
setup properly.