[mythtv-users] AC3 passthrough

Dex West dexwest at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 18 15:32:26 EDT 2004

I tried to ask this question a few days ago and messed it up.  I'm using a Sound Blaster live 5.1
with the digital out jack connected to my receiver.  For DVD's this works great I get Dolby sound
into my reciever, but for Music and video's I get nothing.  I searched through the user list and
developer list and say some change made to the ac3 passthrough in august that would make it work
for music and video as well as dvd, I assumed this would fix my problem, but hasn't.  I've got AC3
passthrough enabled and i'm using the .asoundrc file from Jarod's guide.

I've read that I need to modify the .asoundrc to get standard pcm data to flow through digital out
jack.  Is this correct?  If so I'm not sure how to modify Jarod's asoundrc file to make this work.

Can someone help?