[mythtv-users] Lossless .nuv conversion

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Sat Sep 18 11:41:04 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have a PVR-250 on my MythTV setup and have MythTV automatically
re-encode most programs to MPEG-4.

I would like to be able to convert the .nuv file to an MPEG-4 file that
any standard MPEG-4 player could play.  I do not want to re-encode it,
which would of course reduce the quality by introducing yet another
lossy compression generation into the mix.

It seems that most of the common .nuv conversion tools -- nuvexport and
mythtranscode at least -- are based around the idea that people will be
wanting to re-encode their data.  I don't want to do that.

What options might I have here?  And would these options also work for
the MPEG-2 data that I have that hasn't been re-encoded?  (That is,
could I extract the MPEG-2 stream?)

Thanks!

-- John

--
John Goerzen
Author, Foundations of Python Network Programming