[mythtv-users] MythVideo stopped playing videos after upgrading from 0.15.1 to 0.16

Michael Knoll michael.knoll at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 00:00:11 EDT 2004

I installed 0.16 MythTV/MythVideo recently, upgrading from 0.15.1.
After upgrading, when I select a video to play, the frontend hangs.
The mplayer process is started, but nothing displays, nor is sound
played.  I'm using mplayer, with the command line "mplayer -fs -zoom
-ao alsa -vo xv %s".  I've tried disabling LIRC(-nolirc), disabling
audio(-ao null) and reducing the command to "mplayer %s".  All of
these commands work from a console, and the first one worked in
0.15.1.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

Mike