[mythtv-users] Wait for Epia SP or not?

Jason Ahrens jason.ahrens at rogers.com
Fri Sep 17 06:47:17 EDT 2004

On September 16, 2004 22:59, Joby Walker wrote:
> Supposedly VIA will be releasing the Epia SP motherboard this or next
> month with the CN400 (UniChrome Pro graphics) Northbridge.  I'd like to
> use it for a MythTV box -- the mpeg4 acceleration would be great (in
> addition to greater performance and other features).
>
> But after looking at all the steps necessary to set up Linux and MythTV,
> I am becoming increasingly worried that there will be a lot of
> complications due to the new hardware, so I should just settle for an
> Epia M or MII.

I am, at this point, planning to wait for the SP. I know there will be a
number of issues at first and support may not be there 'right away', but
given that I want a general purpose media system I think it'll be worth the
wait for me.

Jason
--
Eagleson's Law:
        Any code of your own that you haven't looked at for six or more