[mythtv-users] .16 backend stops recording

Ben Brown ben at idiotsabound.com
Thu Sep 16 23:26:55 EDT 2004

I'm having a problem with .16.  I just upgraded, and I'm having a lot of
problems when seeking in a currently recording program.  Basically if I
watch a program that is in progress and FFwd.  Then myth backend stop using
the tv cards.  Whatever was recording stops.  No new recordings will start,
and live TV will not work. It does not segfault crash, and simply killing
and restarting mythbackend does not fix the problem either.  I have to
restart the machine completely.  I have 2 bttv cards and they have been
working fine up to .16.  I fuser /dev/video1 and video0 and they are both
clear.  Xawtv will still use the cards. Anybody have any ideas?

Ben