[mythtv-users] excellent review of mythtv vs. MCE

John Thomas jwt9478 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 18:08:51 EDT 2004

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 15:08:30 -0400, Isaac Richards <ijr at po.cwru.edu> wrote:
> On Thursday 16 September 2004 01:59 pm, Eric Joe wrote:
> > > Well I don't know of any _distribution_ that ships with IvyTv, or am I
> > > missing
> > > something ?
> >
> > Agreed. I dont know of any either.
>
> Knoppmyth.
>
> Isaac

Yeah, that review was OK.  It said pretty much what I thought it
would.  It pretty much uses the same points when people argue whether
Windows or Linux (open source) is better.  One is easy and
user-friendly while the other has better features, but requires a
little nerd intuition. ;-)

One think that I did learn is that MCE has video on demand integrated
with MovieLink.  I had no idea of that.  That is one hot app that
MythTV is missing.  And it looks like Tivo will soon have it too with
this pending deal with NetFlix.