[mythtv-users] FC2 and IvyTV Problems and Questions

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Thu Sep 16 16:36:10 EDT 2004

On Thursday 16 September 2004 01:33, jon e wishbone wrote:

> > > Remote encoder not responding.
> >
> > That indicates it is trying to connect to a card on a different
> > machine...
> >
> > > The last four lines repeat until I kill mythfrontend from the command
> > > line. I can cat /dev/video0 > /tmp/test.mpg and then play the result
> > > in mplayer.
> >
> > ...but it sounds like the card is local.
>
> Sorry, I forgot to mention that the front and backend are running on
> the same machine.

Something is definitely goofy in your setup then...

> > I'm thinking you need to go into the setup util and set both your host
> > and master server IP address settings to 127.0.0.1.
>
> I've checked that. In the settings table, I have this:
>
> mysql> select * from settings where value like '%Server%' ;
> | BackendServerIP   | 127.0.0.1          | replay.cabuki.com |
> | BackendServerPort | 6543               | replay.cabuki.com |
> | MasterServerIP    | 127.0.0.1          | NULL              |
> | MasterServerPort  | 6543               | NULL              |

I think that looks okay.

> I have the following line in /etc/hosts
> 127.0.0.1               replay.cabuki.com replay

Do NOT under any circumstances, EVER remove the 127.0.0.1 localhost
mappings... Removing those is a big no-no. Didn't you read the lines right
above the 127.0.0.1 line?:

$ cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1               localhost.localdomain localhost
[snip]

Fix your hosts file and see if things don't start working again. That warning
is there for a reason.

> Should I set the host for the MasterServer* settings to
> replay.cabuki.com ( or localhost ) or should I change the host for the
> BackendServer* settings to NULL? I'm at the office now, so I'll have
> to try these when I get home.

You shouldn't manually edit the database, unless you really know what you're
doing.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com