[mythtv-users] Re: Air flow and proc questions

Blammo [doh] blammo.doh at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 12:49:38 EDT 2004

I run a mobile 2400 in my frontend. They are Barton cores, run at a
lower stock voltage (1.475) and is multiplier unlocked, which gives
you some great freedom to drop the multi, raise the bus, run better
ram, and stay at the same clock speed, while running cooler than a
stock barton.

It's enough CPU to handle HD content, assuming your video card is fast
enough, and the reduced heat is a NICE plus. Last I looked on
pricewatch, they were sub $100.